ArtsEd is seeking an Acting Tutor to join our School of Acting on a permanent basis, from September 2022, teaching across Foundation, BA and MA courses. This opportunity to join one of the most renowned performing arts schools in the UK, will see you shaping the lives of the next generation of young actors and performers,... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Kingdom
ArtsEd is seeking an Acting Tutor to join our School of Acting on a permanent basis, from September 2022, teaching across Foundation, BA and MA courses.
This opportunity to join one of the most renowned performing arts schools in the UK, will see you shaping the lives of the next generation of young actors and performers, developing your career and nurturing the finest creative talent. You will fuel our students’ passion for performance and build strong foundations for success through exceptional teaching and outstanding pastoral care.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
Foundation Course Teaching:
- Teaching a range of Foundation Course classes as timetabled.
- Co-directing Foundation Course end of year project.
- Liaising with Foundation Course leader as an additional point of contact for all Foundation students with regards to course and/or pastoral issues.
- Holding weekly Foundation company meetings. This will include monitoring student’s wellbeing, 1-2-1 tutorials and group tutorials.
- In conjunction with the Foundation Course Leader, formulating and reviewing plans for the delivery of the Foundation curriculum in advance of the academic year.
- Implementing and overseeing relevant Acting Foundation Course student assessments.
- Undertaking written feedback, maintaining and updating assessment details.
- Managing, appraising and recording the progress of students.
- Facilitating Foundation induction and student handbook sessions.
- Introducing Foundation students to initial industry links
- Organising theatre trips, arranging end of year workshops with visiting directors, and facilitating student/actor link up.
- Implementing strategies to maintain discipline amongst the student body.
- Monitoring student attendance, keeping daily registers and ensuring follow up procedures are implemented.
- Ensuring the curriculum taught and course structure matches the requirements of the HE Cert qualification.
- Supporting the course leader with student application references.
BA Acting Teaching:
- Teaching first year acting classes for stage and screen.
- Developing improvisation curriculum, ensuring it remains contemporary, inclusive and practical.
- Participating in auditions days whenever available/required to do so.
- Undertaking internal and external professional development activity commensurate with the expectations of the post.
- Ensuring the curriculum taught and course structure matches the requirements of the Degree, the National Qualification and the professional accrediting bodies
MA Course Teaching:
- Teaching on the MA programme as required by the Director of the School of Acting and in consultation with MA course leader
- Running Outreach workshops with feeder schools and colleges whenever available/required to do so.
- Facilitating auditions whenever available/required to do so.
- Being flexible in covering classes and helping whenever available/required to do so.
- Contributing to the delivery and enhancement of the BA in Acting
Please submit an application form and letter of application by an email via the button below.
Please contact Cheryl Jarman on 020 8987 6697 should you have any questions.