Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector? Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future. We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Kingdom
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminium tins, cups and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
As the Quality Engineer you will be mainly focused on monitoring and controlling all manufacturing processes, in order to meet and improve the plant’s efficiency and quality performance targets.
You’ll act as the central coordinator for food safety activities, including management systems and you’re accountable for rolling out company-wide food safety initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure plant management are aware and informed of food safety legislative requirements and that they are translated into actions and included in the management system.
• Maintain and develop the accreditation status with external bodies for food safety activities.
• To identify the critical manufacturing processes and reduce these variations to Six Sigma standards.
• Provide the focus and leadership for process improvement activities, which are cost effective and meet the Plants requirements.
• Coordinate the activities of the Shift Process Teams in order to reduce internal spoilage and meet customer quality requirements.
• Promote process improvement and process awareness. To lead Process Improvement initiatives and to identify and implement best practice.
• Ensure that all persons reporting to them work in a safe manner and to promote safety leadership in all activities.
• Cover the role of print technician in cases of absence due to breaks, holiday, sickness etc when required.
• Instruct all new employees, on the known hazards and any necessary precautions of which they should be aware.
• Periodically deliver food safety and environmental toolbox talks.
• Process Engineer will be responsible for product quality issues in the absence of Quality Manager in the plant BCMT.
• Previous experience in a Quality/Quality Audit-related role in manufacturing/industrial environment.
• Degree in Technical Discipline and a food safety qualification (HACCP level 3)
• Understanding & experience of working to external quality/environmental standards i.e. ISO 9001 / 14001, FSSC etc.
• Knowledge of Food Safety legislative requirements.
• Strong communication skills across all organisational levels.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Analytical skills and ability to drive outcomes.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.