SEMH TA / Social Emotional Mental Health Teaching Assistant Needed near Sutton Coldfield to start in September 2022. Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? SEMH TA / Social Emotional Mental Health Teaching Assistant is required for supply cover in an alternate provision near Sutton Coldfield. The role will include: • Assisting the teacher... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Kingdom
SEMH TA / Social Emotional Mental Health Teaching Assistant Needed near Sutton Coldfield to start in September 2022. Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
SEMH TA / Social Emotional Mental Health Teaching Assistant is required for supply cover in an alternate provision near Sutton Coldfield.
The role will include:
• Assisting the teacher with classroom preparation
• 1:1 work with students who require additional support Leading group work
• Helping the class teacher with pupil observations.
About the school:
• The school caters for students with a range of special educational needs, including Social, emotional and mental health.
• The school is focused on providing a safe and nurturing environment.
• It is an all through school which may mean you can expand on your own experience through the key stages.
• Supportive leadership team, with a positive ethos.
• Easily accessible from Biirmingham, Lichfield & Walsall
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
Have previous experience working with children and young people with a range of special educational needs.
• Suitable qualifications such as Youth Work, Health and Social Care or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools are desired but not essential.
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students
• Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.